The Castlemaine Field Naturalists Club welcomes everyone with an interest in the natural environment. Members and visitors can attend our monthly meetings on the second Friday of the Month (February – December) and our excursions on the following day. Join us as we explore, learn about and enjoy the rich flora and fauna of our region.
You can find out more about our club and its activities here.
Current & Recent Events
Click on the links below for details or subscribe to our eNews for updates.
- Wednesday Wildflower Wander, 20th September, 4pm, Boronia and Olearia in Muckleford Forest
- Wednesday Wildflower Wander, 13th September, 4pm, Youngman’s Track
- Excursion: Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th September, “Special double field trip near Ballarat”
- Monthly Meeting: Friday 8th September, 7.30pm, Uniting Church Fellowship Room, Lyttleton St.
- Wednesday Wildflower Wander, 6th September, 4pm, Kalimna Park
The introduction of Zoom for monthly meetings during the Coronavirus pandemic opened new opportunities for arranging speakers from further afield. This format also proved popular during the winter months, avoiding travel on wintry evenings.
Since restrictions have been eased, the CFNC Committee has decided to continue to hold meetings online using Zoom during the winter months (June-August) but to return to the Uniting Church Hall for in-person meetings for other months. Excursions are also now being held again, on the Saturday following the monthly talks. Details of the meetings and the excursions are provided in the monthly newsletter, the Castlemaine Naturalist, and on the Activities page on this website.